Redmi 12 With 6.79-inch 90Hz Display Launched: Price, Specifications, and other Details
Let us now look at the device's cost and technical specifications:
Xiaomi officially launched the Redmi 12 smartphone, following numerous leaks and rumors. Xiaomi has unveiled this new device in Thailand. In terms of specifications, the Redmi 12 boasts a 6.79-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution. The device includes a refresh rate of 90Hz, a punch-hole cutout in the center, and a brightness of 550 nits. The smartphone is powered by an octa-core MediaTek processor. The device also includes a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock, a triple-camera arrangement, and an 8MP front camera. Let us now look at the device's cost and technical specifications:
Redmi 12 Pricing, Availability
The Redmi 12 is available in Midnight Black, Sky Blue, and Polar Silver. The Redmi 12 8GB RAM + 128GB storage option costs TBH 5,299 (about Rs 12,516). The price of the 4GB/8GB RAM model with 128GB/256GB internal storage is still unknown. The phone is available in Thailand through Shopee and Lazada. There is currently no information on the device's global availability.
Redmi 12 Specifications, Features
The Redmi 12 has a 6.79-inch display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2460 x 1080 pixels. The display panel has a refresh rate of 90Hz, a pixel density of 396 PPI, a brightness of 550 nits, and a punch-hole cutout. Under the hood, an octa-core Helio G88 CPU powers the gadget. The device has 256GB of internal storage and up to 8GB of RAM. The handset also supports microSD card storage expansion of up to 1TB.
On the software front, the smartphone runs Android 13 out of the box, with the MIUI 14 overlay on top. The handset has a triple-camera system on the back. A 50MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2MP macro sensor are included in the camera module. The phone also boasts an 8MP selfie camera, a dual-SIM card slot, a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock compatibility, NFC, a 5,000mAh battery, and 18W fast charging support. Last but not least, the phone is water and dust resistant, with an IP53 grade.
Redmi 12 Specifications
- Display: 6.79-inch display, Full HD+ resolution, punch-hole cutout, 396 PPI pixel density, 550 nits brightness, 70% colour gamut.
- Processor: MediaTek’s octa-core 12nm Helio G88 SoC with Arm Mali-G52 GPU.
- RAM And Storage: 4GB RAM + 128GB storage, 8GB RAM + 128GB/256GB storage, microSD card support.
- Software: Android 13 with MIUI 14.
- Rear-facing camera: 50MP primary camera, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide lens, f/2.2 aperture, 120-degree FOV, 2MP macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture.
- Front-facing camera: 8MP, f/2.1 aperture.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock, IP53 rating.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slot, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v5.3, GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou, FM Radio, NFC, a 3.5mm audio jack, USB Type-C port.
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 18W fast charging.